Finding the right catering company for an event you are planning is extremely important. After all, the food is often one of the most talked-about aspects of an event. You can be sure about the food you choose by attending a catering tasting. Fortunately, many catering companies like Nicosia Catering give customers this option. However, before you go, here are a few catering tasting tips for your next event.
1. Have an idea of what you want your event to express before you go. This will help you eliminate some options and taste the ones that actually have the potential of being included in your menu.
2. Don’t take too many people with you. It is understandable that you want the opinion of many people that are close to you but sometimes the fewer the better. Firstly, by limiting the number of people you are making a favour to the caterer and secondly, it will be easier for you because sometimes too many opinions can lead to confusion and frustration.
3. Go in with an open mind. Just because a particular dish doesn’t sound good to you on paper, doesn’t mean it won’t taste delicious. Make sure to try many things including their must-haves and do not be prejudiced. Remember, something that may look odd to you might be delicious for your guests.
4. Keep your guest list in mind as you sample different options. If you have people with dietary restrictions on your guest list, you need to make sure the catering company can accommodate those needs. Make sure to taste many gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan and vegetarian dishes to make sure that you can create a balanced catering menu.
5. Plan your catering tasting in advance. This will allow you to have time to think and decide if you want to try the catering menu of other companies as well. Moreover, tasting a company’s menu in advance gives you the chance to discuss with the caterers and ask anything you want before deciding to book their catering service.
6. And last but not least, don’t forget to ask about pricing and packages before making your final decision. You want to be sure that the catering company you choose is within your budget.
Planning an event and finding the best catering company can be stressful but planning in advance and going to a catering tasting with these tips in mind can be lifesaving. Just remember to be prepared before attending a catering tasting and everything else will come naturally.